Walt: to summaries information across texts
Walt: to explain the change in these technologies over time
- What did Iwa use as bait?
Nothing or a line.
- Who did Iwa run into at the river?
- What river were they fishing at?
A river that had eels in it and it was ok to fish at.
- What does it mean when it says without a word they let go?
Without them saying a word they let go of the rope and the eel swam away.
- What do you think the old man was thinking when the kids told him the story of their eeling?
He thought that they were crazy and they just made it up.
- What did the man call out and say to Iwi?
They told him what happened.
- What do you think he meant by this?
There catching a fish is not easy.
- What does this story tell us about fishing?
How they fish and what they used.
One day Iwa went down to the river and she cast her line into the river.
Then later on she heard some boys yelling so Iwa went to check out what was happening.
Once she got to the boys she was like “what are you fellas yelling about”
“We just saw a huge eel”said the boys.
“Man you should've seen how big the eel was” said all of the boys.”it was the one that Koro told us about you know which one”No I don’t” said Iwa.
“Ugh the one that lives a million year”but there is no eels that live that long”,”I know that but I meant it has been alive for a long time.
“That eel haven’t been caught before!”said the boys.
“Help”said Nicky,so they ran to her,”look I got an eel”,so they helped her pill it in and then Iwa put it in the sack.
Later on they were all playing cricket and then there koro called them.
Once they got to there koro he said “did yous catch some eels” and they said “yes”they also told him about the massive eel.
Later on that day they were in bed just about to fall asleep and they said “goodnight”to each other.