Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Te Ika A Maui! { T3W4 }

𝕋𝕖 𝕀𝕜𝕒 𝔸 𝕄𝕒𝕦𝕚!
walt: Make connections across a range of texts.
Task Description:
As a level three task we focused on Te Ika A Maui. A story about how North Island was pulled from beneath our sea. There were multiple task to be completed. Breaking our text into word groups, listing worthy words and a create task! Our options were to retell the story or a review that informs any readers about a short film. I choose to rewrite the story which can be found on the last slide of this presentation! ENJOY! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leilani - I really enjoyed reading this set of sets Mrs Tapuke prepared for you. I quite like the worthy words tasks. Which task did you find most interesting?
    I look forward to checking out your maths post soon. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Ilaoa,

      Thank you for another comment! This is a new way of activities from last year. My most interesting task had to be the worthy words as I got to find new words from our text!

      Kind regards,
      Leilani

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Leilani,
    I really enjoyed listening to your recording of the excerpt from THE GREAT FISH OF MAUI retold by Annie Rae Te Ake Ake. You have used lots of expression in your voice - great storytelling skills! You have chosen some standout WORTHY WORDS from the story - Murirangawhenua, domain, gullies and Hawaiiki. Keep these in mind to use in your next piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Miss Tapuke,

      Thank you for leaving a kind comment on my reading task this week! I find recording really funny because afterwards I sit there laughing at my expressions!

      Kind regards,
      Leilani

      Delete