Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Leilani - Winter Learning Journey! Day 6 Native Aotearo!

Day # 6 Native Aotearoa!

Yay today we are going to be doing day 6 which means we have one more activity to go I can't wait to go onto day seven it sounds cool.Ok so today we are going to be doing day 6 which is all about native aotearoa I hope that me and you learn new things on this so let's get started!

Activity 1: Let’s imagine that you were on the first waka to arrive at Shag Point. You had never been to New Zealand before and you had no idea what to expect. Write a poem describing how you would have felt when you arrived in New Zealand. Would you have been excited or scared? I would have felt pretty nervous, I reckon…

New Zealand is a pretty cool place.
The mother nature is just amazing.
As well as the beautiful land.
New Zealand is going to be one of the top ten populist places in the world.
And it is going to be a wonderful journey!
We are going to name so much places.
As well as so much people.
I hope that you enjoyed I had no idea where I was going to yeah enjoy!
Activity 2: After visiting Shag Point, you hop back in the van and drive all the way up the east coast of the south island until you reach the town of Picton. You get out of the van and onto the Interislander ferry. It travels back across the Cook Strait to Wellington. Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand and every winter the city hosts a huge Matariki festival to celebrate the Maori New Year. This year part of the festival is being held at Te Papa, a big museum in Wellington.
Read about the Matariki festival at Te Papa.  There are so many different things to see and do at the festival this year. On your blog, tell us about three of the events. You can choose any three events that you wish.
What I have choose in 1 - I have picked start weave jam because the name so super cool and I think you have to weave some things and I can learn how to do that!
What I have choose in 2 - Storytelling for kids.I have choose this one because I like listing to story as well as telling story.I also think that it would be really relaxing!
What I have choose in 3 - Matariki fireworks.I have choose this one because I love fireworks and I can see them and get super happy.Some times I get scared if it comes to close to me.
What I wish 1 - I wish that there could be a challenge about Matariki and then the person that guess lot's get a free k.f. basket

What I wish 2 - I wish that there could be a light trail full of Matariki light's and it will go for a long time.Because that should brighten up the kids faces and make them happy.

What I wish 3 - I wish that everything could be smooth and that it will go as they pained!

Bonus Activity: As part of the Matariki festival, there is a two day Kapa Haka competition. The haka is a traditional war dance that Maori performed before going into battle. The haka is now performed by children/adults in the community and by professional sporting teams, including our national rugby team, the ‘All Blacks.’  The All Blacks have performed various haka over the years. Watch the following three haka videos (1 – 3) and, on your blog, list the haka videos in order from best (#1) to worst (#3). There are no right or wrong answers ☺
The coolest haka! # 1 -  # 2. Because they looked confidant and they look very tough.
The coolest haka # 2 - # 3. Because I like how they were all lined up and they looked very tough.
The coolest haka # 3 - # 2.Because it was bad quailty and it didn't look nice.

At the end of your day at Te Papa, you head to your hotel in the centre of Wellington. You are staying on Cuba Street, one of the coolest streets in the city.

Bonus Activity: 8 points

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leilani your moving through so fast well done. I like how you so postive about your OUTSTANDING!!!!! work this hoilday so I better get to work have a amazing hoilday.#
    By Madison :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madison

      Thank you so much for doing a comment on my blog.Yes I have been moving super fast through my work because I would like to learn lot's.I hope that you also have an amazing holiday BYE BYE!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Leilani,

    I loved reading your list of activities that you would like to do at Te Papa in Wellington. Like you, I would also love to go to the storytelling session and to see the fireworks. I love fireworks! I can still remember going with my family every July to watch the fireworks show in Canada. Our national birthday is 1 July and there is always a huge party in Ottawa (the capital city of Canada) that finishes with a fireworks show!

    Have you ever seen a live fireworks show?

    I hope that you have enjoyed learning about Matariki and that the three wishes for Matariki (that you listed in Activity #2) come true!

    All the best,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete