Pages

Thursday 10 January 2019

Leilani - Summer Learning Journey - Activity 3: Flying Fungi!

Walt: To complete  week two , day two , activity three!


Activity 3: Flying Fungi [10 points]

In the middle of winter it can get quite wet and damp in New Zealand, can’t it? When it gets really damp, it is common for things like mould and fungi to start to grow. We can often see them on the walls, ceilings or floors of our houses or outside on footpaths, buildings or roadways. Some types of mould and fungi are so small that they can’t be seen. Some of these tiny fungi/mould can be found in the air. They are called ‘airborne fungi’ and they can be unhealthy for us.
Let’s imagine that we tested the air in your classroom and found 7 different kinds of mould. Eek! The cleaner says that it takes 5 days for each mould to be eradicated (removed). If the school had to remove each mould one at a time, how long would it take to remove all the mould from the classroom?
On your blog, tell us how you would solve this tricky math's problem. Be sure to also post your final answer in days or weeks.
---------------










4 comments:

  1. Hey there Leilani,

    What an awesome blog post! I really enjoyed this post about you solving this really tricky maths problem. After reading this it made me wonder, we may have done something really similar, ( isn't that crazy ). Overall I would like to say well done on completing this task/activity of yours. This might've been a bit hard for you. What was the most trickiest part to this maths problem? Anyways keep up the incredible and hope to see more from you soon.

    Kind Regards,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Hinerangi ,

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I enjoy everyone one of them that you leave me in the comment section. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying my post for the Summer Learning Journey. Hopefully you have are also enjoying the Summer Learning Journey activities.

    The math's problem was kind tricky. But I am happy that I made it through and solved it , hopefully it is the correct answer. Well it is super crazy that we did the solving something very similar! I have never done that before.

    The math's problem wasn't hard at all. It was simply easy to figure out , and I bet it was for you too. I didn't find any hard parts in the question .

    Cheers ,
    Leilani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There Leliani,

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School. I am also taking part in the SLJ.

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.

    I really like your stratiges you have used.

    Congrats on getting the correct answer.

    Anyway keep up the amazing work

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora again Leilani!

    You have completed so many blog posts and to such high standard, kai pai! Well done for again going the extra mile and describing every single step you went through. You can really help a student who doesn’t understand why we need to multiply 5 by 7! Do you enjoy maths in school? I wonder how many weeks it would take to get rid of this awful mould?

    Let me know in the comments! Keep up the awesome work :)

    Blog you later!
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete