Pages

Saturday 30 December 2017

Leilani Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey - Week 4 , Day 3 - Social Systems !

Summer Learning Journey

-

Week 4 , Day 3 - Social Systems


In 1996, New Zealand adopted the MMP voting system. In September of 2017 we had a national election. Everyone in New Zealand, over the age of 18, was invited to vote for who they wanted to form the next government in New Zealand. The race was really close and in the end, three different political parties (Labour, New Zealand First and the Green Party), came together to form the new government. It is called a ‘coalition government’ because it includes different people from different political parties.

Imagine that you had to form a coalition government with two other people.  Who would you choose to partner with?

I would form a coalition with my son, Aronui, and with my friend, Amber. Aronui would be a great addition to the coalition because he is funny and kind. He would make us laugh and take care of us. Amber would be great because she is really smart and thoughtful. She is also good at making decisions. I think that we would form a great team. What about you? Who would you choose? Why?

------------

I would form a coalition with my friend Paige , and with my friend Lillyana. I think that Paige would be a very kind friend towards our dissension and she always comes up with great ideas. She would also make us laugh. Lillyana would be great to have because she is a very smart person and she always thinks before coming up with chooses. Lillyana would be a amazing team worker because she is always caring and she has a great personality just like Paige.

-------------------

Activity 2 - Migration




Over the past few decades, there has been a huge rise in the number of people coming to New Zealand to live and/or travel. I was one of those people! In fact, I moved with my family to New Zealand in 2010 and I am so glad that I did. It’s a pretty amazing place to call home! At the moment I live about 10 minutes from three stunning beaches and a beautiful national park.

Speaking of home, where do you live? On your blog, please post a picture of your hometown and provide a list of three things that tourists, like us, could do if we came to visit. What do you like most about your hometown? (Remember the guidelines for being Cybersmart, and never post your address online).

--------------

Image result for What can you do in Glen innes , Auckland

Three Things Tourists Can Do In Glen Innes , Auckland :

Got To Our Local Swimming Pools. There is three pools , spa and sauna. You can also swimming at the beach which is Pt England beach. The beach is very amazing and you can also boom off the rocks.

When coming to Glen Innes there are many places to eat. Like Toby's , KFC , Mc Donald , Subway , Sushi , and much more !. There are many different options that you can eat at Glen Innes.

Did you know that we have a Te Oro? Well now you do. Te Oro is this amazing building that you see in the image. If you are wondering what Te Oro is it is a performing art centre. The place is huge!

------------------------

Bonus Activity - Modern Learning Environments


IMG_0725.JPG

Over the past few years, a number of schools have changed the way that they teach. Instead of one teacher working in one classroom with one group of students, some schools have built huge classrooms where many teachers work together to teach a big group of students. This is called a ‘Modern Learning Environment’ (MLE).

Some people prefer Modern Learning Environments while others aren’t so sure. Take a look at the pictures above. The one on the left is a photograph of a traditional classroom, and the picture on the right is of a Modern Learning Environment.

Imagine that you are a teacher, and design your own classroom. What would it look like? What furniture would you have? I would love to have some beanbags for reading on.

Draw a floorplan of your classroom (either in Google Draw or on paper) and upload it to your blog. Describe what is special about your classroom and why you designed it this way.

I’ve drawn a classroom with pink carpet and bright coloured tables. I also included a kitchen so that we can do cooking every day and a HUGE bookshelf because I love to read! What would you like to see in your classroom?

---------------------------------


This here is my design of the class room. My mum helped me with some ideas and she helped me to fit in more chairs. So I am going to tell you all everything that I have. So let's start. I have added: White Bored , two teachers desk , the red dots are chairs , the yellow rectangle is organisation. The triangle tables , the box that is in between the yellow rectangle and purple rectangle is a sink ( this idea came from my mum ) and the black rectangle at the back in the corners are like book shelf.  


BONUS POINTS: 18





2 comments:

  1. Hey again Leilani, thank you for sharing a design of your classroom, it's great to hear that your mum helped you out with some clever ideas. You have covered all of the important things in a classroom, well done. If I was designing my own classroom, I would have lots of bean bags, swivel chairs, whiteboard tables, computers, tall tables and chairs, swiss balls to sit on, basketball hoop off the side of the classroom, fish tank, interactive projector, etc. There are so many creative ideas. You should Google some and check them out!

    What's your favourite thing about your classroom?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Billy ,

      Thank you for leaving a comment on my Summer Learning Journey. My favourite thing would be the tables. Because you can fit lot's of people and they can all work together.

      Leilani :)

      Delete