Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Concluding The Journey!

Activity 3: Concluding the Journey [10 points]

Sadly, the Summer Learning Journey has now come to an end. It is time to reflect on everything that you have learned about the environment and, particularly, about how you can protect and preserve it.


On your blog please tell us:
  1. What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year?
Well before I would like to give the answer to this very first question i'm going to be telling you's all something very heart breaking , which most of yous will already know but. Unfortunately this is my last Summer Learning Journey post! I have been enjoying every moment but either this year or next year I can participate once again. Anyways , one thing that I have learnt from participating in the Summer Learning Journey program this year was learning about birds. This activity was week four , day three , activity one. On this day and activity we got to learn about birds and choose one. These birds we were choosing was from a website where people could vote for the bird that they want for bird of the year. 

What is one thing that surprised you?

Well the one thing that mostly surprised me was the super cool activities that the Summer Learning Journey team put together for us participants. Each activity was fun and we all had lot's to learn about.
I'm also going to add onto that and say my second thing that surprised me which was the facts.
Each day we got to do amazing activities that the team put together and each time we did one we 
learn't new facts , which each fact always surprised me.

What is one thing that concerned or upset you?

Well once again I have two things that have upset myself. The very first thing that has upset me is the Summer Learning Journey activities stopping. I enjoyed each one and every effort the team putinto these activities. Without them I bet my learning would be going downwards. But it's going up.
My second thing that is concerning me or that has upset me is that our world is getting effected by 
pollution , air pollution , rubbish , plastic just everything destroying our planet. Which means
the future generations are not going to have a chance of having a clean planet.
  1. What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment?
The one thing that we can do to protect/help the environment is to just keep trying our best at everything , that can help our planet. Maybe my family and I can try the ' Tag Your It ' challenge. 
Maybe in 2019 we can join more community service that are helping our rivers for example.
Hopefully in the future my family and I are doing better at helping the planet and our natural
environment.


---------------------------
#1 Image Attribution: Click ME!
#2 Image Attribution: Click ME!
#3 Image Attribution: Click ME!

---------------------------------------------------
Task Description:
It's so sad to hear that this is the very last activity for the Summer Learning Journey program. So here I am sharing with you all. We had to answer some very sad questions and I also did a small poster with Rachel in it with beautiful stars around her picture. Hopefully you all have enjoyed my Summer Learning Journey posts that I have been sharing with you all. Bye!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Leilani,

    Wow great finish to the SLJ programme you are super impressive. You have done some incredible job blogging. From the past few weeks to the recent posts you have done a fantastic job, awesome work Leilani. Before anything else after this I must say, CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING!!! I loved your final post about concluding your journey with the SLJ programme. I loved it so much I had to show my parents and a few of my siblings. My mum read and read until she finished the last part of your task description. She loved it so much.

    Reading each question/answers was done perfectly and amazingly well. Your last and final activity of week 4 was interesting and your answers to the questions were done super cool.

    Overall amazing work, Congratulations on completing the final task and hope to see you continuing to blog during the next couple of days/weeks. Keep up the great work, see you soon.

    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Hinerangi!

      It seems like you have been enjoying my posts and so has your family! I have never had a friend show my work to family members. Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful comment on my last Summer Learning Journey posts. I enjoy every thoughtful comment you mentioned in your amazing comment!

      Can't wait for school , so I will see you then.

      Your friend ,
      Leilani :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Leilani,
    I am Melita and I am from Christ The King School. Congrats on completing the summer learning journey. You have put so much effort into all your posts. Are you sad that the summer learning journey is coming to an end? I am. Maybe next time you can say your feeling on completing the summer learning journey. Keep up the amazing work!

    Blog you later
    Melita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Melita!

      I have never heard Christ The King School before. Where about's is it located? Glad to see you have been enjoying my last Summer Learning Journey activity. Next time I would say what my feelings are towards the Summer Learning Journey ending. I am really sad that this wonderful program is coming to a end but we have next time! Right?

      Well thanks for leaving a nice comment on my posts. Check in later.

      Leilani.

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora Leilani,

    What a beautiful message. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the Summer Learning Journey programme and were such an active participant again this year. You have done such a great job with the SLJ this summer and shared a huge amount of your learning with us. We can't wait to see you at Pt England for the prizegiving in February. It's going to be a really special assembly!

    I hope that you have a great week and that you have the chance to post some supportive comments on the blogs of students who are still finishing up. I know that it would mean a lot to them as we only have one more day for the programme so I am sure that others are trying hard to get their activities done. You've set such a lovely example for them. Way to go, Leilani. You are a star!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Rachel!

      I'm glad to see from you again this year! It's great to see that you are pleased that I have enjoyed the Summer Learning Journey again. This program was such a fun time. Are yous planning for another Learning Journey again??

      Anyways , thanks for leaving a wonderful comment on my blog and I loved everything you mentioned in this comment.

      Kind Regards ,
      Leilani

      Delete
  4. Hey Lei ,
    Congrats on Finishing SLJ 2018 - 2019 so proud of you finishing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leilani

    Love all the hard work you are putting into your post. I am pretty sad the summer learning journey but I am really proud of the work I have done over the holidays. I think that you should get a prize in the first week of school cause you always work hard. I like how you have written heaps to answer the qeustion and that you are super confident about sharing your answers this shows that you would make a great statment if you ever had to talk about certain things.

    anyways keep up the great work and the great blogging and congratulations on finishing the summer learning journey for this year!

    Your Truly
    Zaeeda

    ReplyDelete