Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Adopting Animals!?


Activity 2: Adoption Day [4 points]

Not only can you help the planet by reducing, reusing and recycling, you can also help to save animals and plants by ‘adopting’ them. To ‘adopt’ an animal through the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), you need to visit their adopt a species page, read through the list of animals and choose one.
With the WWF, you don’t actually adopt the animal and bring it home! It’s a symbolic adoption. In this case you pay a fee ($55.00) and the money is used to provide food and care for your chosen animal. Visit the WWF site and take a look at the animals who are available for adoption. Choose your ‘top three’ animals from the website.

On your blog, list the three animals that you have chosen and then compare and contrast them. How are they similar? How are they different? At the bottom of you post, tell us which of the three animals you would most like to adopt..

-----------------------

Out of all three animals that I can choose I would choose the Snowy Owl. This reason is because the Snowy Owl is so beautiful and adopting one would be great! Also they have good night eyesight which can help out if I lost something in the dark!
--------------------------

Task Description:
Welcome to all! Here I am sharing with you all another Summer Learning Journey activity! First let me explain what we had to do. So we have been given a website where you can adopt animals. We had to choose three and create either a presentation or a poster. I chose a poster and added my animals with facts about them in my poster. The animals I chose is the Snowy Owl , Lion Cub , and Dolphin. Once I shared facts about each animal we had to find things that were the same. Hopefully you all enjoy and I will check in next time. Bye! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leilani, my name is Melita and I am from Christ The King School. I really liked the animals you have chosen. I liked how you have given information in detail. I have learnt alot from this. Keep up the great work.

    Melita

    ReplyDelete