Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Leilani - Summer Learning Journey - Day 2 Forest Life! Activity one.

Walt: To finish day two of week one. Of the Summer Learning Journey activity's. 

WEEK 1: A Place to Stand

DAY 2: Forest Life


Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points]
Image Attribution: 


New Zealand has a really special environment. Many of the plants and trees found in New Zealand are not found anywhere else in the world. These plants and trees are endemic to our country.  In New Zealand, one of the largest and longest living endemic trees is the NZ Kauri tree. Kauri are mainly found in three regions of New Zealand: the Coromandel, Auckland and Northland. The largest Kauri tree in the country is in the Waipoua Forest in Northland. It is called Tāne Mahuta. Some people refer to it as the ‘Lord of the Forest.’

Thousands of people go to visit Tāne Mahuta every year. Would you like to be one of those people who got to see Tāne Mahuta in real life? Why or why not?



On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

--------------------------------
Would I like to visit the tallest Kauri tree ( Tane Mahuta ) in New Zealand? 

I would LOVE to visit the Tane Mahuta located in the Waipuna Forest , in Northland region. The tree is the very tallest Kauri trees ever to live! That is the VERY reason why I would LOVE to visit the Tane Mahuta. I have heard of this tree throughout books , writing's or even in conversations , and now here! Tane Mahuta's look very tall! Now , the reason why I would like to visit the Tane Mahuta tree is because I would LOVE to learn about it habitats and other very fun facts about this wonderful tree! Hmmm , I bet that most of you all reading would enjoy to learn facts about the Tane Mahuta tree. Continue reading to find out more information about this terrific tree!

Fact one: Well first of all the Tane Mahuta is the tallest Kauri tree in New Zealand. The Tane Mahuta tree is located in the Waipuna Forest which is located in the North side of New Zealand! The Tan Mahuta tree is standing at about 13 trunk / 51 meters high. Very tall am I right.

Fact Two: What does Tane Mahuta mean? Well the word ' Tane ' is the god of the forest. Tane's name is the god of peace and beauty. That is the most information I got about the name. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Description:

Day two of Summer Learning Journey hear I come! Today's post is dedicated to the Summer Learning Journey activity's! Today's post I have completed day one's , activity one's task! For day two the day is called Forest Life , and as for the activity it is named Giant's Amount Us. In this activity it includes us searching through a virus amount of sites to learn about the tallest Kauri tree , Tane Mahuta. Here I had to explain if I would like to visit the Tane Mahuta and why we would like to visit the Tane Mahuta. I wrote if I would want to visit the Tane Mahuta and why. I also left some facts about the Tane Mahuta which would be helpful to everyone! So without further a do you may start reading , or you have already read all of my day one activity. Thank you for all reading or you may start reading. Stay tune for day one's activity two!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Leilani,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the SLJ team. Thanks for completing another set of activities!
    Firstly I want to commend you for using the image attribution link in your pictures, way to go!
    Activity 1: Giants Among Us - I used to live up North so I had the privilege to visit this place couple times and I can tell you that in there I felt very connected to nature and quite inspired by the majestic size of Tāne Mahuta. It's really cool that you want to go there to explore the surroundings and enjoy nature. Furthermore, I enjoyed that you thought about to add some interesting facts about this endemic tree, very clever!
    Keep up with the great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Patricia ,

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I love how you are enjoying my activities that I post. I never knew that you lived up North. The Tane Mahuta is such a great tree. I can't wait until the day I get to visit it.

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

    Cheers ,
    Leilani :)

    ReplyDelete