Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Leilani - Summer Learning Journey - Day 4!

Walt: To finish day four of the Summer Learning Journey activity's.


DAY 4: More than Meets the Eye


Activity 1: Scaling New Heights [4 points]


Aotearoa New Zealand is a country of mountains and valleys, dense forests, and sparkling oceans. At the centre of the South Island sits the tallest mountain in the country, Aoraki Mt Cook. It is the place where Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to reach the top (summit) of Mt Everest, learned how to climb mountains. It was pretty difficult for him, at first, but Sir Edmund Hillary did not give up and, in 1953, he achieved this dream of climbing Mt Everest. His face can now be found on the New Zealand $5 note.
Let’s imagine that you met Sir Edmund Hillary in real life and were able to interview him.
On your blog, post five questions that you would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.

----------------------------

Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? [4 points]

Aotearoa New Zealand is home to many spectacular sights and natural wonders. One of these is the Punakaiki Rocks and Blowholes located on the West Coast of the South Island. The Punakaiki rocks attract tourists from all over the world who are keen to see these amazing rock formations. Many people think that they look like pancakes stacked on top of one another. Pancakes are one of my favourite foods! They are delicious and pretty easy to make.
For this activity you are asked to choose one of your favourite foods. On your blog, write the name of your favourite food and then tell us how to make it. You may need to ask a family member, friend or Google (!) for help, if you do not normally make this food for yourself.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Task Description: 
Today's post I have done the Summer Learning Journey day four task one and two. Unfortunately I can not post the rest. I will be gone for some time for a family occasion. But I had some time to post day four activity one and two. Here for the first task we got had to make a poster or just write some questions for Sir Edmund Hillary. We all had to ask five questions but I think I asked about ten or so questions but I hope that's okay. The second activity we had to tell what are favourite food is and leave a recipe to explain how to bake it. Which is what I did. My one is the hot fudge cake. Thanks for reading and see you next time! Bye. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome work leilani I bet you will win the
    summer learning journey program when we start
    back at school good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora & Namaste Leilani,
    Thanks for completing another set of activities! Way to go!
    Activity 1: Scaling New Heights- I like your questions as I think they were really relevant in order for us to know a bit more about this inspiring man! I specially liked your question two because it is an open question where the answer could give a broad scoop into his mind and motivations for climbing Mt. Everest.
    I found that we can get very inspired by our surroundings, for example, I lived in the South Island and there I discovery my passion for hiking. In there, I did quite few adventurous hikes that really challenged me but also brought me a lot of joy and a good sense of strength in my mind and body. What about you, have you tried anything adventurous in nature yet?
    Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? Hot Fudge cakes recipe sounds really delicious! I may give it a go and I am wondering if I could make it in individual small portions such in a cupcake tray? Have you made this before? Do you think it would work? Thanks for inspiring me as I may do some baking this week! :0)

    Keep up the great work! Ka Mau te Wehi!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete