Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Review on reconnecting the brain!

Review by: Leilani

Auckland, New Zealand

Age: 11

Book: Reconnecting the brain

Author: Bronwen Wall

Non-fiction

Brains are quite weird! Am I right? Well this week we had to face our fears and had to learn about the BRAIN! Since brains are a important part of our body we had to learn what does the brain do? As well as what our main character of our book does to study the brain. Well that’s enough let’s see what this book is all about!

Our main character Melanie seems like a very hard working lady that is always working towards her dreams to become a successful person in the future. Even though I haven’t meet Melanie I think she is a happy and a grateful person. You might think well what does Melanie have to do with this book? Well Melanie is a neurobiologist! The word neurobiologist means two main things. Neuro is brain, and biologist is a person who studies different things, and Neurobiologist is a person who studies a brain and cures for the brain. That’s what Melanie does for her job.

As a neurobiologist there are many struggles, for Melanie her struggles involved working with a tapu brain. The brain is very tapu which makes Melanie work harder. You might wonder what a neurobiologist might be? Well a neurobiologist is someone who studies the brain. Before she gets to work with the tapu brain she has to get a kaumatua, kuia, and Maori scholars and have a Korero Kanohi Ki Te Kanohi before working with the tapu brain.

I have enjoyed this book about the brain because I got to learn about new things that are about the brain as well as new Maori words I never knew was a thing. I would recommend this writing to kids 8 - 15 years old. This reason is to find out how the brain works and what a neurobiologist is.
-------------------------------------------
Task Description:
This weeks task for reading we got to create another review on our new book. This weeks book is about reconnecting the brain. Here I am sharing with you who the main character is, what the main character does, as well as who I would like to recommend this book to others and if I enjoyed this book or not. In today's task I got to learn how to share with others what book I have been learning. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment