Pages

Thursday 7 March 2019

Moriori: A Story Of Survival

Review by: Leilani
Auckland , New Zealand. Age: 11


Moriori: A Story Of Survival.
Author : Maui and Hinemata Solomon 
Non-fiction

This week our book is called Moriori: A story of survival. This book is a non-fiction book , this reason is because during the story it states when these events happened during different times. The topic of our book Moriori: A story of survival, is to tell others that full blooded Moriori are not a fiction. Their culture are real people who worked hard for people who took over their island Rekohu. The main idea of this book is to tell the history of Moriori people , how they worked hard , what happened when the British people took over , and other key information that explains Moriori are not a fiction. 

Secondly, I really enjoyed reading this book as I got to learn the culture and history of Moriori. I got to learn a new culture who I didn’t even know existed! One thing I learnt in my new book is the culture of Moriori. I have not heard of this culture before and it is a very strong culture. I also learnt from their culture of traditional wear that people used to wear.

Even though I don’t know any Moriori people I would like to recommend this text to adults who learnt that Moriori was a fiction , as they can learn that Moriori is not a fiction and is a real true culture who worked hard for others. I would also recommend this book to younger kids so they understand that Moriori is real and they can teach their future kids , grandchildren. Facts about the true culture of full blooded Moriori.

----------------------------------------------------
Task Description:
Have you ever read the book Moriori: A Story Of Survival? Well this week the Campion group in Mrs Tapuke literacy class is reading a new book called Moriori: A story of survival. Our task was to share with others a summery of our new book. Here I have wrote three paragraphs about what I have learnt , what the main topics/ideas in this book is, as well as who I recommend this book to.






No comments:

Post a Comment