Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2019

Book Review: Mata I Pusi!


Title: Mata I pusi

Author: Sisilia Eteuati

Genre: Fiction

As I was reading campions book this week I was thinking what the word Mata I Pusi means? Well as I was reading the first sentence I learnt that Mata I Pusi means cat eyes in Samoan, very interesting right! Well what does this book mean besides Mata I Pusi, well let’s find out!

Key information in our book this week is that the main character is feeling embarrassed because since her father is Palangi and her mother is Samoan, she is being called Palangi because of her sea green eyes that has been gifted to her from her father. So Samoan kids at her school are calling her Palangi even though she is not.

Key facts that the author shared with us is that you should not be ashamed by who you looked like and you should not be ashamed of who you are which relates to your culture. The main character in our book is both embarrassed by who they are and who they look like/ what they look like. Being proud of yourself is important because you should be thankful for who you are.

I really enjoyed that book because I got to learn how our main character lives and her thoughts on having green eyes , light brown skin, and being Palangi and Samoan. If I got to recommend this book to others the age would be 8-15 years old. This reason for that is because kids at young and old age should know/be reminded to be proud of who they are. Like how I have just learnt to be proud of who I am.


------------------------------------
Task Description:
This week campion are reading mata I pusi. One of our tasks was to create a review on our book we are reading this week. In this book we are learning to be proud of our culture and are learning about bi-racial, which means people having two cultures. This week I learnt about bi-racial and people are being judged on how they look from their identity. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment