Pages

Thursday 2 May 2019

Geometry - Orientation!

Walt: Understand and use positional vocabulary.

Task Description:
For this weeks task we are learning about geometry - orientation. What could this be? Well continue reading to find out.

This week we got to do orientation. Which means we made maps , answered questions related to maps , and had to understand the main directions words mean. The first slide we had to understand meaning of a couple of words before starting to create maps or understand maps. By understanding the words we were given we will know more information about using a map and answering questions or even creating questions. 

We also got to answer questions from a pre made diagram of a made up class. The questions that came with the diagram of the class room were easy as I understood what the questions meant. After we got to answer some questions we got to create a diagram of our own class! This task was fun as I got to made a diagram and I got to answer questions. 

Our next task was to use another map we were given and answer another set of questions on the following slide. These questions were difficult because I didn't understand what they meant and how do I answer them, for the answers I tired as best as I could.

Our last task was to create our own map with around 10 streets and 8 main features on our map. Once we drew out our map we would have to give directions to get to all 8 features for our buddy to complete.

I really enjoyed this weeks math's task because I got to map makes , answer fun questions and got to work with people in my math's class. I hope we got to opportunity to work on these types of math's task again.


No comments:

Post a Comment