Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2019

Book Review: On The Dinosaur Trail!

Walt: condense and paraphrase key ideas in a text.

Title: On the dinosaur trail
Writer: Sue Gibbison
Genre: Non-fiction

What happened in the story ( write the key facts. ):
This week our book was based our dinosaur prints, Dr Greg Brownie finding and researching about special dinosaur prints he found in New Zealand. This skill that he has been blessed with is special to have as normal people do find it hard to know facts about dinosaur prints and other facts that most palaeontologists. The main facts about this book was that Dr Greg Brownie spent much of his time to understand and figure special dinosaur prints, and through out his time of doing this much he had gone through many difficulties as for solving the mysteries he had. But by the end Dr Greg Brownie was able to find what these dinosaur prints were and so he published a special article about his journey while looking at dinosaur prints he found here in Aotearoa.

Did I enjoy this text? Why/why not?
Yes , I definitely enjoyed this text. Why? Well this reason is for I learned new facts like what a palaeontologists is, where are places in New Zealand where dinosaur remainings were found! Pretty cool right! I found this text exciting and full of many facts to keep in mind for a future event or project.

What is one key message/ fact that you learnt from the text?
While reading through this week’s book I found one fact that stood out to me. Which is in three different locations in New Zealand people found dinosaur remains before 2009! The list of places where dinosaur remains were found are Hawke’s Bay , Port Waikato , Rekohu. ( the Chatham Islands. )

Who would I recommend this book too? ( Gender , age , interest. )
Well I would recommend this book to year 6 to year 9 all genders. This reason is for I think year 6 students to understand what palaeontologists is and what they do, and I find that year 8’s and 9 should read this book to learn more our ancient times.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Task Description:
Hello there! As you can see I am sharing with yous all my book review for this book. This review is all about a book called On the Dinosaur Trail. Let's see what our task was to do. 

One of our tasks was to write a book review which shows our readers what we have learnt from our book this week and if we understand it well. Which leads us here! I have completed a full task of what my book is all about. There are four main questions that we must answer, let's see what these questions are and what they are about.

Our first question was what happened in the story include the key facts. Our job for this question was to answer the question in full sentences as well as include the main features in the story we were given this week. In my writing I included the main person in our story ( Dr Greg Bronwe. ) , main features I found in our story , and what he had gone through to solve his mysteriousness journey. This task helped us to show to our teacher if we understood our book well and if we catch the key facts.

The second question we were given was did I enjoy this text. I wrote of course yes I did enjoy this text. I also stated why I enjoyed this text so others could find this text and maybe get interested as well.

Our third and fourth questions was , what is one key message/ fun fact we learnt and who would we recommend this book to. In my answer for the third question I wrote one fun fact that stood out to me the most. Why? Well when I was reading our text this fact I found really made me interested which made me continue to read more! And as for the fourth question I thought to myself who would I recommend this book to, I put year 6 students to year 9 students and also listed my reason why.

This week I really enjoyed our task , creating a book review. Because book reviews are really fun to create and I get to share with others what book I have read this week, and so others will be maybe more interested to read this book I read as well! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment