Pages

Sunday 20 January 2019

A House Is Not A Home

Activity 3: A House is Not a Home [10 points]

New Zealand is home to some unique wildlife that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. While we work very hard to protect our natural habitats so, too, do people living and working in other countries. One of the oldest international wildlife conservation organisations is called ‘Fauna & Flora International’ (FFI). They support a number of projects around the world, including those working to protect Lansan trees in the Caribbean, fruit forests in Tajikistan, and national reserves in Mozambique. Read about each of these projects and choose the one that interests you the most.

On your blog, tell us which project you find most interesting and why.
--------------------

As I was choosing the most interesting project it was hard to understand what the project was helping as the writing was hard to understand. So I choose one which I found interesting but kinda hard to understand.
The most interesting project I found was the fruit forests in Tajikistan. As I saw fruit I started to worry about our fruit. Because fruit is yummy and it helps humans live. I started to gather facts about this project and here is what I got. What they're trying to solve is threats in the ecosystem which are killing plants that have walnuts , wild fruit , and other important hard to get nuts or fruits. So the FFI are trying to solve this problem and help the threat stop so that the tree lives with what it's growing.
----------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leilani,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey program. I can understand why you found these projects a bit hard to understand. The language describing them is rather complicated. You've done a good job learning that the fruit trees are at risk because the amount of forest is being reduced and so there are fewer fruit and nut trees producing fruit and nuts.

    We humans seem to think that cutting trees down to make space for homes or farms is a good idea. It often isn't. The people of Tajikistan are struggling with their decisions, I think, and the FFI is trying to guide them by encouraging them to protect these very valuable trees.

    There's so much to learn, isn't there? I hope you've enjoyed learning through this program. You've done a wonderful job of working at all of these activities. Well done!!

    I hope you're happy in your new classroom this term!!

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete