Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2019

The Plastic Pledge!

Activity 2: The Plastic Pledge [4 points]

Over the past few decades some of New Zealand’s beaches have become dumping grounds for waste and rubbish. Almost 80% of this waste is made up of plastic items. Yikes!
Some companies in New Zealand have heard about the problem and agreed to cut down on their use of plastic. Countdown supermarkets, for example, have announced that they will stop giving out plastic bags to customers.  What do you think of this idea? What do your friends and family think? Is it a good idea or not?
For this activity, please ask one member of your family and/or a friend what they think about Countdown’s decision to go ‘plastic bag free.’

On your blog, tell us what they think about Countdown’s decision to stop using plastic bags.

--------------------------


---------------------

Task Description:
Kia Ora everyone! Welcome back to another set of Summer Learning Journey activities. Hopefully through this year summer holidays you have been enjoying each and every post. If you have any future ideas on what type of posts you will like me doing please leave that in the comments. Moving onto my post. Here I have shared with you a presentation where we had to ask a family member and/or friend about their opinion of Countdown going plastic bag free. I asked my sister what her thoughts where on Countdowns choose. She said ( Read the presentation ). Hopefully you have enjoyed today's post and I will check in soon. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Leilani,

    My name is Georgia and I am the Cluster Manager for the tamariki in Kaikohekoke (Northland). It is wonderful to see you have completed so many activities to such a high quality, you're awesome!

    I loved reading your response on the plastic pledge activity. It is SO important that we are taking those steps towards a better future for our environment. You and your sister are very correct in saying that banning plastic bags will be beneficial for the environment. Can you think of other ways to eliminate plastic in your everyday life? I'd really like to start using shampoo bars rather than shampoo out of plastic bottles.

    Keep up the great work :-)
    Nga mihi, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. lapak303

    ReplyDelete