Pages

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Leilani - Summer Learning Journey - Day 4: Like A Scene Out Of A Movie!

DAY 4: Like a Scene Out of a Movie



Activity 1: The Southern Lights [4 points]


Once in a while a very special event takes place in New Zealand. It is a show of beautiful, bright lights that appear in the sky over the South Island. The lights are called the ‘Aurora Australis’ or ‘Southern Lights.’ They are similar to the ‘Northern Lights’ that are often seen in places like Northern Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. The southern and northern lights are so stunning that they often leave people, who are watching them, speechless.
For this activity, you are to write a short acrostic word poem about the beautiful lights. Hazel has written an acrostic poem about summer to give you an example.
S - Sun outside,
U - Umbrellas in the sand.
M -  My friends and I, having fun,
M - Making sandcastles,
E - Enjoying ice cream on a hot day,
R - Racing to the beach!
On your blog, use the word ‘LIGHTS’ to write an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. Be as creative as you can!
----------------

-----------------
Task Description:

Welcome everyone to another Summer Learning Journey activity! Today's activity we are given the word ' lights ' and write it as a acrostic poem. Here I have created a poster or a DLO. I got the letters from the word ' lights ' and came up with a creative word that goes with each letter. Hopefully you have enjoyed today's activity and I will check in next time , bye!

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Leiani,

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School.

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.

    I really like the detail you have added,

    I feel like you have put alot of time into this, there was one keyword that caught my eye and that was scenery.

    Anyways keep up the amazing work,

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Leilani,

    Great post! I love how creative you are becoming on your blog and how much work you have been accomplishing so far in this years SLJ. There is so much details and amazing words you have chosen for this specific activity, excellent work. I would most like to say that I really enjoyed reading letters G and T, Glorious night for lights and Time with family. These are some brilliant words as it is perfect for this sort of activity. Glorious night for lights was a perfect one for the letter G as it would've been the perfect night, right. Time with family, this will also be known as a perfect time as your spending some quality time with family without any disturbants, so how wonderful would that be to see actual southern lights.

    Overall incredbile work, Keep up the great word and hope to see more blogging from you soon.

    Do you know any other acrostic poems using the words NEW ZEALAND?

    From,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leilani!

    This is a great acrostic poem!
    I like how you have given the poem a real sense of amazement - It sounds like a real spectacle you and your family are seeing!! :)
    Have you written an acrostic poem before?
    You seem like you might be a bit of an expert to me! :)

    I really like the opening to your poem:
    "Lovely lights,
    Icredible scenery
    Glorious night for lights"
    I think this is really effective and reflects the Southern Lights well!

    Have you ever watched the Southern Lights before?
    I haven't ever seen them, but I hear they are beautiful! ....I hope I will get to experience them one day.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem Leilani!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete