Pages

Sunday 20 January 2019

Ziplining!

DAY 2: Protecting Our Own


Activity 1: A Flying Fox [4 points]


New Zealand has some of the most beautiful forests in the world. Both New Zealanders and tourists, alike, enjoy walking through these forests. Unfortunately, constantly walking through forests can damage the plants and animals (flora and fauna) that live there. In an attempt to protect the local flora and fauna, an eco-tourism company in Rotorua came up with an idea. The Rotorua Canopy Tours Company designed a series of ziplines that sit above the forest canopy (top). People can ‘zip’ from one section of the forest to another, looking down on the beautiful natural areas below. To see what ziplining looks like, check out this video.
I have tried ziplining and I really enjoyed it, however, I must admit that I was pretty scared to try it at first. How would you feel if you had the chance to go ziplining in Rotorua?
On your blog, tell us how you would feel about going ziplining in Rotorua. Try to use some descriptive words (adjectives) and action words (verbs) in your post!.
---------------

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leilani,

    It's Leslie here, reading your blog from my home in Canada as a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Good for you to be willing to try ziplining!! It will take some courage, I think, to be so high above the ground zooming along on a wire. But I bet you'll love seeing the beauty of the forests and magic of the thermal pools from up in the sky!!

    Have you ever been to Rotorua? I have been there once, a number of years ago. It's a magical place and I can appreciate that having too many people walking around the pools, visiting the special sites would lead to some damage of the areas. Ziplining is a good way to see things without walking through them and causing wear and tear.

    I hope you've had a super summer and that now you're happy to be back at school.
    You've done a great job on these activities all summer - good for you!!

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete