Pages

Saturday 19 January 2019

Activity 2: Guardians of the Sea [4 points]

One of the largest rivers in New Zealand is called the Waikato River. It is found in the central part of the North Island of New Zealand. The river (awa) was given the name ‘Waikato’ (meaning flowing water) by a group of men and women from the Tainui iwi who, legend has it, travelled down the Waikato years ago and settled in the area. According to Māori legend, the Waikato River has hundreds of taniwha (mythical water spirits) living in it, guarding the sea.
Unfortunately, the Waikato River has become polluted in recent years and is, sometimes, closed to the public. This is very upsetting for many people, especially for those who believe that taniwha live in the river. Please click here to read about taniwha and watch this short video about taniwha.
Once you have finished learning about taniwha go to your blog.
On your blog tell us whether, or not, you believe that taniwha exist. Be sure to explain to us why you feel this way.
--------------
Do I believe that Taniwha exist? Well yes. This reason behind my answer is that Taniwha are special creatures and who would make up Taniwha's because that is just silly. My point is I think that Taniwha are real they are spirits living in rivers and other places. They can protect us but can get very mad at others who pollute their river. I think they're real how about you?
---------------------------
Task Description:
Kia Ora and welcome to all. Today I am sharing once again another Summer Learning Journey activity. This journey we had to write about either if we believe if Taniwha are real or no. I wrote my opinion and hopefully you all agree with it. Hopefully yous all have enjoyed my post and I will check in next time. Bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment