Pages

Saturday 12 January 2019

Leilani - Summer Learning Journey - Activity 3: Win Beneath My Wings

Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wings [10 points]

Birds and bats are just two species of animal that are able to fly. Did you know that some fish, squirrels and snakes are also able to fly? Check out the ‘Top 10 Flying Animals of the World’ website to learn more about these incredible animals.
Once you have explored the site, choose one animal and create a digital learning object (DLO, eg. a poster) that tells us all about the animal. Be sure to include at least three interesting facts and a picture or two of your animal! Please follow these instructions for attributing your pictures properly.
Here is an example of a DLO that was created about lions.
On your blog, post a final copy of your DLO.
----------------
Image Attribution: Click Me!
----------------
Task Description:
Hey guys! Today I am sharing with you all another Summer Learning Journey activity! Here I have posted week three , day three , activity three! Today's task we had to choose a flying animal from the top ten flying animals around the world. I choose Flying Fish. I have created a digital learning object to share with you all. I have added four facts with pictures of Flying Fish. Hopefully you have learnt something today and please check out the website provided. Bye!



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Leilani:

    what a awesome work that you have acomplished and what a awesome descipition that you have done havea great and awesome day and don't give up yet just keep on caring on and Never give up

    Your sincerely
    Precious:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Precious ,

      Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Your so sweet. Your comment has made me very happy with you saying to never give up. I glad that you have also joined the Summer Learning Journey this year. Are you having fun? What has been your favourite activity?

      Cheers ,
      Leilani.

      Delete
  3. Hello Leilani,

    I am really surprised and blown away of how well you are getting along with 2018 - 2019 summer blogging. I really love this blog post you have written as each and everyone of them were described well and had so much punctuation in them, good on you. Your work to me has be outstanding from the last couple of weeks to now, fabulous and amazing work Leilani. I've got to say that I really loved reading your activity about Flying fish as it was really interesting to know more about them. Before the time when I did this activity I had absolutely no idea flying animals, besides birds ever existed. Your fact about them only living in tropical water/warm water was a fantastic fact for us all to know. Do you have any other facts you know about Flying Fish? Do you know exactly how long they come out of the water for? Overall amazing and outstanding work. You are doing an incredible job, hope to see more blogging from you soon.

    Kind Regards,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Hinerangi!

    Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful comment on my blog! I love the encouragement in your comment. I also glad to hear that you are enjoying each one of my posts. I'm also glad to hear that you are learning facts from my posts. Specking facts , I don't know many facts about flying fish but hopefully one I can share them with you so we both know many facts about flying fish. I know one very cool fact about a animal which is a Elephant. Did you know that they are the only animal that cannot jump? Well hopefully you can share this fact around to others.

    Cheers ,
    Leilani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Leilani,

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School.

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.

    I really like all the facts that you have added. The one I really like is Flying fish like to live in tropical water or warm water.

    Maybe next time you can add a little more detail along with different pictures.

    Anyway keep up the amazing work.

    Blog you later, Bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leilani!

    Just me again :)

    This is a great DLO on the flying fish! They are so interesting -
    I feel like I have learnt a lot from the information you have posted. :)
    This blew my mind:
    Flying fish can 'fly' for 45-50 seconds at a speed of 70km/h and reach 6m in height above the water!! WOW!
    That is so fast and so heigh!! :)
    What did you find most interesting when you were reading about the flying fish?

    Great job with this activity Leilani - Ka pai!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete