Pages

Saturday 19 January 2019

Air Pollution!


Activity 1: Persistent Pollution [4 points]
In 2016, the World Health Organisation announced that Timaru, a small town in the South Island of New Zealand, had the highest recorded levels of air pollution in New Zealand. Some of this pollution was caused by natural events (eg. fires) but most of it was produced (made) by humans.
Watch this short video on air pollution. It will tell you more about natural and human causes of pollution.
On your blog, share three new things that you learned about air pollution from this video.
---------------



--------------

Task Description:

Thanks for stopping bye. Hopefully you have enjoyed another activity from the Summer Learning Journey program. Anyways , today I have shared with you all a presentation towards air pollution. These day's air pollution is increasing more and more because of mostly human activities such as electricity , burning coal to produce energy , gasoline , and transportation. Today in the presentation I made I have shared with you three air pollution facts I learnt today. To find out more click here. Hopefully you all have enjoyed today's post and I will check in next time. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leilani!

    This is some awesome new information you have learnt Leilani! It was really helpful for me to read and learn new information about different pollutents we have too.
    I also like the way you have presented your work, it is very beautiful, clear and easy to follow!

    These are some really interesting things you have learnt from the video...It's also really sad in my opinion.
    I think it's horrible that human activity is the main cause of pollution and there's not enough happening to reduce it!

    Have you talked much about pollution in school?
    I am sure you would know of some great initiatives to help reduce pollution and the production of greenhouse gases?

    I was having a look into different things I could do to help reduce what I could be contributing to pollution and I came across this video about waste which I thought was pretty cool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eym10GGidQU&t=69s

    Do you think we could do this is New Zealand one day?
    I am sure it would take a while but could be pretty cool way to make people far moer aware of their waste! :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete