Pages

Saturday 19 January 2019

Changing Climates!

Activity 2: Changing Climates [4 points]

Over the past decade, the climate in New Zealand (and around the world) has been changing. In fact, the climate has been getting warmer and warmer. While many of us like warm weather, climate change is not good news. Higher temperatures can cause glaciers to melt (leading to flooding) and increase the amount of rain that falls.
Here in New Zealand, we have noticed the change. In fact, we sometimes have torrential (huge) rain storms causing flooding, landslides and road closures. When it starts to rain really hard, Aronui and I usually hide out in our lounge and play games like Yahtzee, Monopoly and Uno. If it rains all day, we will also spend some time reading, watching movies and baking.
What about you? What do you like to do on a rainy day?
On your blog, tell us about five things that you like to do when it is too rainy to go outside.
------------------


-------------------

Task Description:

Welcome everyone! Hopefully yous have all enjoyed today's post. Which is another Summer Learning Journey activity! I have been really enjoying all of the activities that the wonderful team has made for us kids during the holidays. Today's activity is we had to share five activities we like to do while it's a rainy day. I really enjoy watching movies , spending time with family or just baking. What do you really enjoy doing during a rainy day? Anyways , hopefully you have all enjoyed today's post and I will check in next time. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Namaste Leilani,
    Wow, I am amazed by that animation from the beginning of the post. I really like the activities that you do during rainy days. I, myself, really like cooking and baking, so that is an ideal thing for me to do while it rains, and also spending time with my family. I also really like how made a whole slideshow showing all of the things you like because it was very colourful and fun. Next time you could describe which things you bake and what you do with your family.

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Leilani, thank you for sharing your favourite rainy day activities. I like the way you've presented this activity using Google slides. I'm impressed that you've also written a description for each of the different rainy day activities. You've got a good balance and mix of things to do as well.

    I love to watch movies and television shows as well. Sometimes I'll play board games with my family and maybe complete a puzzle or something.

    What sort of activities do you enjoy when it's sunny outside?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete